The source for information about programs and services available for you in Peterborough and beyond. Get connected! Our information is kept up to date on a weekly basis, so even if you just visited our site, chances are there is already something new, worth taking a look at. Don't be a stranger come back and visit us frequently. Also tell your friends. If there is something that you think we are missing or something that you would like to see, contact us with your ideas and we will make it happen.
The City of Peterborough has their very own Youth Council. Recently, an new 10 member Youth Council was formed for the 2014- 2015 school year. They are the voice of the young people in our community. If you wish to let us know your concerns or issues, please email us. Taking youth voices to the next level!
email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or call 705 742-7777 x 1805 for further information.
Mayor's Youth Award
Nominations are now being excepted for the Mayor's Youth Award. The next award ceremony will be taking place during the winter of 2015 in the Council Chambers. Applications can be obtained on-line www.peterborough.ca or by calling 705 742-7777 x 1805 or by email email@example.com
Top 10 reasons to Volunteer
(1) Volunteerting is good for your mental health. Doing good is good for you!
(2)Volunteerting is good for your physical health. Volunteers tend to be more engaged health care consumers.
(3) Volunteerting is good for your self-confidence. Volunteering can instill a greater sense of pride and identity.
(4) Volunteering can fight depression. Volunteering helps you develop relationships and a support system.
(5) Volunteering expands your social network. Volunteering can help you make new friends.
(6) Volunteering can help you develop new skills.
(7) Volunteering can help you put existing skills to work.
(8) Volunteering can advance your career. Volunteering helps you develop new networks.
(9) Volunteerting can expose you to new career options. Try out some new job roles, volunteer in a different industry.
(10) Volunteering can make a difference in causese that are important to you.