The source for information about programs and services available for you in Peterborough and beyond. Get connected! Our information is kept up to date on a weekly basis, so even if you just visited our site, chances are there is already something new, worth taking a look at. Don't be a stranger come back and visit us frequently. Also tell your friends. If there is something that you think we are missing or something that you would like to see, contact us with your ideas and we will make it happen.
Tips For Healthy Dating
Consider these tips before you head out.
- Meet in public places for the first few dates
- Never meet someone you've met online in a private place
- Only accept blind date recommendations from someone who knows both you and your date
- If you have a cell phone, make sure that it is charged
- Let someone know where you are going and when you will return
- Double date or ask a friend to join
- Never leave your drink unattended
- Make arrangements for someone to pick you up
- Don't be afraid to say NO
Time Management Strategies that really work
Stress is inevitable, it can even be healthy and manageable but too much negative stress can be detrimental to our physical and mental health. Stress reduction techniques are important, and developing your won toolkit for managing stressors is of vital importance. Another aspect of stress management is prevention and one of the most important ways to prevent stress is to have time-management strategies. Time management, as we all know too well, is one of those things that may sound easy but can be really difficult to implement. Below are some tips that really work:
Start your day scheduling your day
Learn how long things take
Break Correspondence into the 4 D's (delete, do , delegate, defer)
Celebrate your commitment to the planet during Earth Hour, March 25, from 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
Earth Hour began as a lights-off event in Sydney, Australia in 2007 and has since spread worldwide.
To celebrate the hour, you can simply turn off all non-esstential lights.