The source for information about programs and services available for you in Peterborough and beyond. Get connected! Our information is kept up to date on a weekly basis, so even if you just visited our site, chances are there is already something new, worth taking a look at. Don't be a stranger come back and visit us frequently. Also tell your friends. If there is something that you think we are missing or something that you would like to see, contact us with your ideas and we will make it happen.
As summer ends and fall signals that winter is around the corner, it is easy to feel a little bummed out.
If you feel yourself getting a case of the "winter blues" try one of these tips to boos your mood.
(1) Make a list of fun, indoor activities that you want to do. Having things to look forward to is one of the keys to happiness.
(2) Flip through some of your old photographs you have stored away. Looking at pictures lifts a person mood by a whopping 11%
(3) Exercise. It boosts levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain and has shown to be effective with easing depression.
(4) Listen to your favourite happy song. Even better have a living room dance party.
Trivia from around the web
"Could wearing your sunglasses at nigh help you fall asleep?
If sleep is alluding you, you may want to try wearing your sunglasses at night. According to a researcher with the Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, too much light exposure at night can interfere with the body's circadian clock.Today we watch TV, look at computer or tablet screens, use our cell phones, all of which expose us to extra light. Research indicates that wearing sunglasses 2 hours before bedtime, helps your inner clock understand that it is the end of the day and sleep is needed.
Tips For Healthy Dating
Consider these tips before you head out.
- Meet in public places for the first few dates
- Never meet someone you've met online in a private place
- Only accept blind date recommendations from someone who knows both you and your date
- If you have a cell phone, make sure that it is charged
- Let someone know where you are going and when you will return
- Double date or ask a friend to join
- Never leave your drink unattended
- Make arrangements for someone to pick you up
- Don't be afraid to say NO